ORA-01180 and ORA-01110 during RMAN Restore

The below error occured while doing a full database restore to the test system. I also checked that I restored most recent control file and the backup sets are cataloged.I tried the process two times but still the same error.

Starting restore at 10-OCT-17
using channel ORA_DISK_1
using channel ORA_DISK_2
using channel ORA_DISK_3
using channel ORA_DISK_4
using channel ORA_DISK_5
using channel ORA_DISK_6
using channel ORA_DISK_7
using channel ORA_DISK_8

creating datafile file number=1 name=/DATA/alfa/datafile/system01.dbf
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 10/10/2017 01:08:29
ORA-01180: can not create datafile 1
ORA-01110: data file 1: ‘+DATAC1/ALFA/DATAFILE/system.319.922730217’

When I searched Oracle Metalink, found below documents.

RMAN restore fails with ORA-01180: can not create datafile 1 (Doc ID 1265151.1)
RMAN restore of database fails with ORA-01180: Cannot create datafile 1 (Doc ID 1573040.1)

I reset the database to the previous incarnation and run the restore & recovery again.

SQL> select INCARNATION#, RESETLOGS_TIME from v$database_incarnation order by RESETLOGS_TIME desc;

INCARNATION# RESETLOGS
———— ———
2 22-MAY-17
1 16-SEP-16

rman target /

RMAN> reset database to incarnation 1;

RMAN> restore database;

When a BACKUP controlfile is used with a Flash Recovery Area defined, an  implicit crosscheck of the FRA is done and any files found belonging to the database are catalog’d to the controlfile.

Archivelogs created after a resetlogs operation will cause a new incarnation to be registered in the controlfile.

The new incarnations meant the database backup needed for restore  no longer belonged to the current incarnation.

After reseting the database to the previous incarnation, restore operation completed successfully.

You can also remove the Flash Recovery Area  parameters from the spfile/pfile  and use instead log_archive_dest_1.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s